- Business & Commercial Insurance
Business & Commercial Insurance in Michigan
If you have started a business in Michigan, it comes with a sense of fulfillment, but you have to contend with risks that come with a company. Even with the best planning, accidents can still occur. And without business insurance from Mitten Heritage Fraternal Society of Insurance, you could be staring at substantial financial losses that can plunge your business into a halt.
Commercial insurance coverages
Before taking a deep dive into the insurance market, you need to understand commercial insurance coverage options.
- Commercial auto insurance: Do you have vehicles that contribute to your business operations? Michigan's law requires you to buy commercial auto insurance with property damage and bodily injury liabilities.
- Worker's comp insurance: Like commercial auto insurance, worker's comp insurance is required for businesses with more than one employee, whether part-time or full-time.
- General liability insurance: While this coverage isn't mandatory in Michigan, all businesses should invest in it. Business liability insurance shields your business from advertising injuries, property damages, and bodily injuries caused to third parties. Also, this coverage protects your business if third parties sue you.
- Commercial property insurance: Since assets like buildings, inventories, furniture, and IT equipment help your business significantly, it makes sense to secure them with a proper insurance plan.
- Business owner's policy (BOP): This insurance plan combines property insurance and general liability coverage into one plan for convenience and affordability.
- Cyber liability insurance: This insurance helps your business survive an online attack by covering costs like legal charges, notification expenses, negotiation fees, and public relations expenses.
- Professional liability insurance: If you offer professional advice and stakeholders make decisions based on your direction, you better invest in professional liability insurance. This coverage protects your business from legal suits emanating from alleged negligence and missed deadlines.
Are you ready to protect your Michigan business with commercial insurance? If you are in Michigan, please schedule an appointment with Mitten Heritage Fraternal Society of Insurance in Berrville, MI for an affordable quote.