Auto insurance provides financial protection in the event of an accident. Therefore, it’s important to understand car insurance and what it covers to make an informed decision. Fortunately, we are dedicated to meeting all your insurance needs at Mitten Heritage Fraternal Society of Insurance in Berville, MI. Read on for the must-know details of auto insurance.
Meeting Minimum Coverage Requirements
Liability insurance is the most basic type of auto insurance and provides “bare-bones” coverage. Most states mandate it, and it offers two types of coverage.
- Bodily injury. If the accident is your fault, this covers the costs related to injuries and the death of others.
- Property damage. This reimburses expenses associated with damage to vehicles and the property of others if you’re at fault.
Types of Auto Insurance
Besides third-party liability coverage, your options also include:
- Collision coverage. It covers costs related to damages as a result of colliding with another vehicle or object.
- Comprehensive coverage. It covers costs associated with damage to your vehicle due to theft, falling rocks, fire, vandalism, and other incidents besides collision.
More options include uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage, personal injury protection, medical payments coverage, and other insurance extras. It’s essential to speak to an experienced insurance agent to better understand how the different types of car insurance work.
Choosing the Best Auto Insurance
Picking the right car insurance depends on your unique situation. Generally speaking, there are several factors to consider to arrive at the right decision.
- First, review your state coverage requirements
- Consider the age of your car, financial situation, and driving skills
- Determine the best coverage for you
Trying to find the right auto insurance for your needs can be tricky. But it doesn’t have to be when you’ve experienced independent agents at Mitten Heritage Fraternal Society of Insurance in Berville MI, for guidance. Contact us to learn more.